Data for Aqueous Succinic Acid and Succinate Salts
The sources of the data reproduced here are listed in Tables 2 and 8 of Clegg and Seinfeld (2006a), and
Table 1 of Clegg and Seinfeld (2006b). Fits of activity coefficient models to data for the pure
aqueous acid, succinate salts, and solution mixtures containing succinic acid are also described
in the papers.
The values in the tables only indicate whether the data were used by Clegg and Seinfeld (2006a,b)
in the fits of their models. Weightings in each individual fit were usually based upon the
uncertainties in the measurements (which are also listed). Thus, a weight of 1.0 indicates
that the data point was used, 0.0 that the point was rejected as erroneous, and " - " that it
was either not considered or was used for comparison only.
Follow the links below to the tables of experimental data. Notes at the end of each
table define the tabulated quantities, and identify the sources of the measurements. The
symbol "H2Succ" denotes succinic acid, "HSucc−" is hydrogen succinate, and
"Succ2−" is the succinate ion.
S. L. Clegg and J. H. Seinfeld (2006a) J. Phys. Chem. A, 110, 5692-5717.
S. L. Clegg and J. H. Seinfeld (2006b) J. Phys. Chem. A, 110, 5718-5734.
- H2Succ (water activities)
- H2Succ + (NH4)2SO4 (water activities, deliquescence, eutonic composition)
- H2Succ + NaCl (water activities, dissociation constants, deliquescence, solubilities)
- H2Succ + monovalent chlorides (solubilities)
- H2Succ + HNO3, and H2SO4 (solubilities)
- H2Succ + NH3 (solubilities)
- H2Succ + NH4NO3 (water activities)
- H2Succ + Na2Succ (solubilities)
- NaHSucc (osmotic coefficients)
- NaHSucc + NaCl (activity coefficients of NaCl)
- NaHSucc + HCl (HCl activities in dilute solutions)
- Na2Succ (water activities, activity coefficients)
- Na2Succ + NaCl (activity coefficients of NaCl)
- NaHSucc + Na2Succ (solubilities)
- NaHSucc + Na2Succ + NaCl (HCl activities in dilute solutions)
- (NH4)2Succ + NH4Cl (solubilities)